The Tahs take on the Rebels this Friday in a game which requires them to bounce back from a close loss to the Brumbies.
This is a game that most fans will expect the Tahs to win comfortably, but as always nothing is assured and the Rebels have the capability to restrict teams to low scores when they decide to show up.
As always, we take a look at five things that define the Melbourne Rebels:
1. Forward Pack: The rebels probably have the most underrated forward pack in the Australian conference. It is full of blue-chip, no nonsense contributors who are willing to do the dirty work.
2. Passion: The rebels fans and players are incredibly passionate, they have quickly created a strong following in AFL heartland, and this passion can often be seen in games where they are outclassed but not outworked.
3. Inconsistency: Only the Rebels could beat the Cheetahs 35-14 and then lose to the Force 32-7 the next week. When they're on they're on, but they can be pretty deplorable when they are off.
4. Jordy Reid's Dreadlocks: I want to see him play just so I can see the whirling pile of hair charge into a breakdown. There aren't many sweeter sights in Super Rugby
5. Tenacity: As i mentioned previously, the Rebels have the ability to restrict teams to pretty low scores. They lose a lot of games because they don't have a talented backline, but they rarely get blown out, because they don't give up.
What do you think is going to be the key to this game?