The Waratahs return from New Zealand this week to play the Hurricanes on Saturday night, in a game which is shaping up to be incredibly entertaining.
The Hurricanes have stormed up the table in recent weeks off the back of strong attacking rugby, and as a result now lead the New Zealand conference. If the Waratahs want to maintain their unbeaten home record they are going to have to score tries.
The return of Alofa Alofa is a incredibly important this week, as the Waratahs wingers have not made a large impact over the last few weeks. Alofa offers game breaking opportunities, and in a game like this he should be provided with a few.
As per ususal we look at five key points that should influence this game, so lets dive into them.
1. Loose Forwards: If the tahs back three forwards play like they did last week (Potgeiter excluded), then they will lose. They need to create more pressure around the ball and work as hard as possible.
2. Kurtley Beale: Needs to get the ball to Izzy Folau more. Enough said.
3. Conrad Smith: The Hurricanes captain is one of my favourite players and a dominant player. The tahs need to close up on him quickly in defence and try and take him out of the game.
4. Battle of the Bonus Points: Although the Tahs have slowed down recently, both teams have scored they can score lots of tries. The Tahs need to get back to this. It should be very exciting.
5. Michael Cheika: After the spotlight has been on him this week Cheika needs a win here, bad losses over the last few months mean he has everything to prove. Let's see if he can do it