The Wallabies had a great win over the French, coming out 50-23 victors in an exciting match. Here are our thoughts.
1. Hooper is the Future: He had to take the added role of captain after just four minutes, and he was excellent. Probably the best Wallabies captaincy candidate we've had in years.
2. Halve Way there: Nick Phipps and Bernard Foley both put in pretty good shifts tonight,whilst neither had incredible games, they managed the tempo well and both had their moments. It's a pretty nice change from the no guarantees rugby that Quade Cooper provided each game. There's room for improvement, but it was a good start.
3. Izzy the best?: He didn't see enough of the ball, but whenever he did he looked dangerous. It's starting to look like a first try scorer bet on Folau is a safer investment than treasury bonds.
4. Golden Slipper: James Slipper had a great game and was the standout front-rower in a match that included some very experienced props. There's nothing more glorious than a prop in full flight and he made some great runs in the first half.
5. No Pressure: The French refused to put any pressure on the Wallabies at the breakdown and they paid for it. The Brumbies and Waratahs have proven this year that if they are given space they will score plenty of points. You'd expect this to change next match.
6. Adam Ashley-Cooper can pass: No it wasn't a mirage, Adam Ashley-Cooper actually passed the ball a fair bit tonight, and created a tonne of chances. In fact he had a cracker of a game. Having two defensively strong wingers can't be underestimated.
7. The Badge Brothers: Michael Hooper and Nick Cummins look way too similar. Luckily for them they're both great players , although they could probably form a pretty convincing glam rock cover band with those locks if their careers don't pan out.
8. All Heart, Little Skill: Credit to the French, they didn't play well at all but they never gave up. If there forwards can allow the back-line some decent service then they could be a different beast next game.
9. Captain's Curse: Stephen Moore joins a long list of recent Wallabies captains to get injured. Hopefully it isn't too serious although Tatafu Polota-Nau had a great game.
10. Kicking Themselves: It beggars belief that the Wallabies haven't had a "guaranteed" kicker since Matt Burke. Tonights kicking wasn't terrible but compare it to the guaranteed points the French took every time they were within range. Surely there are junior rugby players with enough foresight to realise that if they are an elite kicker, there is a career there for them.
All in all, a very entertaining game and a great start to the international break. Let us know your thoughts below.